What is Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship is career education combining extensive on-the-job training and related classroom instruction. Apprenticeship usually lasts four years. During this time, the apprentice works under the supervision and guidance of a skilled craftsperson.
Apprentices are full time employees and earn a wage while in training. An apprentice’s pay generally starts at about 50 percent of the experienced craftsperson and increases throughout the apprenticeship.
*Please click here to learn what apprenticeship programs are available at ABC SoCal!
Construction Industry Career Facts
- Today, government and private studies confirm the shortage of skilled construction workers nationwide.
- Factoring in retirement, job changes, for those choosing to enter construction management or business ownership, it is easy to see the growing need for skilled construction workers.
- Future career path opportunities include jobs as estimator, distribution manager, inspector, project manager, trade instructor, foreman, and more…
- Construction is one of the few industries where an individual can still own his or her own business.
Construction Workers Quality of Life
- Construction workers can build a financially rewarding future and experience an exciting career.
- Job satisfaction - It is rewarding to see your skills in a finished structure.
- Job security - High skills are in high demand.
- Low stress - Job requirements produce less mental stress.
- Physical exercise - Maintains a healthy body.
- Hours of employment - Usually weekends and evening are free for recreation.
- Unlimited earning power in an unlimited construction career path.
- Trade skills can save you thousands of dollars building or remodeling a home.
Find out how you can start a rewarding career as a skilled Construction worker today! If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Anaheim Training Department at 714-779-3187 or by email at [email protected], or LA/Ventura Training Department at 818-898-2099 or by email at [email protected].