Continuing Ed FAQs

How do I register for a continuing education class?

Visit our Web page click on the Continuing Ed classes tab, find the class you want to attend and click on Register, and follow the steps.

What is the difference between the member and the non-member class fee?

The member class fee applies to companies that are ABC SoCal members and ABC SoCal alumni. If your employer is not an ABC SoCal member, or if you are currently unemployed, the standard non-member fee will apply to you.

SE: Subscribing Employer who is contributing to the training trust fund on a monthly basis, may qualify for class fee coverage.

Can I still take a continuing education class if I am not a member of ABC SoCal?

Yes, ABC SoCal continuing education classes are open to the public.

How do I cancel a class registration?

Cancellation notice must be done via email [email protected] 72 hours before the class start date. If cancellation notice is not received 72 hours before the class start date and participant does not attend class, class fee will be charged.

How can I get proof that I completed continuing education classes at ABC SoCal?

Send an email to [email protected] and request the certificate(s) of completion.

I need to renew my Electrical Certification, what classes should I take?

All classes, count towards the mandated 32-hrs of continuing education except the seminars and management classes.

Who can I contact for more information about ABC SoCal continuing education classes?

Please call our Continuing Education Department at 714-779-3199 or email [email protected] For questions about Electrical Certification go to